Friday, September 24, 2010

The joys of gardening!

First, I love the new fresh dirt in the spring after I have tilled it to a beautiful soft milk chocolate fluffs, I love to walk barefoot in it and feel it run between my fingers.
I hate weeds!
Planting is not as exciting, but I do love when I start to see my new little babies poking their heads out of the milk chocolate fluffs.
I hate weeds!
I love the day when I go out to check on things in my little piece of heaven and see that I should have brought a bowl.
I hate weeds!
I love sitting down and eating a dinner of grilled onions, greenbeans, potatoes, carrots, zucchini fresh from our garden.
I hate weeds!
I love sharing my garden goods with neighbors who don't garden.
I hate weeds!
This year I planted a flower cutting garden. With the crazy weather this year, I did not have the success I thought I would, but I did get several beautiful bouqets of flowers and cute little hitch hikers (ladybugs).
I hate weeds!
I also planted corn for the first time, and tonight I had corn. It was wonderful! I only got 6 ears at 6 inches long each, but they were sooooo good!
I hate weeds!
I also started harvesting sunflower seeds.
Did I say I hated weeds????

No comments:

Post a Comment